Saturday, August 27, 2011

Trip to Herren-Chiemsee! ♥

So, Germany is pretty famous for having wonderful castles - especially "Neuschwanstein" is a very famous sight, and typical tourist hot-spot. =)
But did you know that the king that build this castle, King Ludwig of Bavaria, also built a lot of other wonderful castles? One of them is build on a very small island in the middle of a big lake - Castle Herrenchiemsee.

It´s very close to my town, and my absolute favorite place around here!
I just recently went there on a trip with my BF, and I took some photos! If you see this amazing building, you will understand my love for that castle ♥


*Sorry, no photos of me that day. I was looking horrible since I had to hurry in the bathroom. lol I just try to protect your eyes! xD


Binny (my BF) and me decided to leave in the early morning already, since we wanted to spend as much time on the island as possible.
But... I wasted too much time in the bathroom (...and yet failed styling myself to look at least properly. <.<), so we missed our train and had to wait one hour for the next one! xD"

Pissed off Binny is pissed off.
Haha, actually he wasn´t really angry - he just tried to cheer me up with pulling faces, as he always does. xD"

As we arrived at the harbour, we took a little ferry to reach the island. There were so many sailing boats on the lake back then! =DI really love the landscape at Chiemsee ♥

As soon as we entered the ferry, Binny had to grab a bite of the sandwiches we prepared that morning.
He can eat so much, but yet doesn´t gain any weight! I`m so freaking jealous! xD

When we arrived at the Herren-Chiemsee island, we had to walk for about 15 minutes until we reached the castle that is in the center of the area. They´ve got so many beautiful fountains in the park! This is the one of the highest ones:
About 12m high! It´s so beautiful, the theme is an old legend.
King Ludwig of Bavaria has had an amazing personality and fantasy! He was a big supporter of theatres, and he was in love with old fairytales and legends. And he tried to make his life a fairytale, too. That´s why he´s sometimes called "The Moon King" or "The fairytale King".

The big castle!
You might recognize it´s looking like castle Versaille in France? Yes, it is actually a Replica! xD"
King Ludwig was a big admirer of King Louis XIV, he build this palace to show his fascination for the great french king.

Of course we also went to a big tour inside the castle, but taking photos there was prohibited, sorry. =(
But just to let you know, it was GORGEOUS! So many details, so much gold, glass chandeliers, a lots of expensive clocks (King Ludwig was collecting them), a bathtub with the size of a small pool, and a whole bedroom dedicated to King Louis XIV (but he actually never slept there).

After we finished the tour, we went outside for taking some more photos!

Here´s another very beautiful fountain!
And Binny beeing AWESOME again. lol

This fountain is telling the legend of a goddess. She was once dressed as a poor woman, walking along the fields where a lot of farmers were working. She was very thirsty, so she asked the farmers for some water - but they refused. So the goddess got very angry at this merciless behaviour, so she used her magic to turn the farmers into frogs.
There should be water floating down the fountain, but they turn it on and off in a 20 minutes rythm - sorry, we just caught the off mode when we took the photo. =(

We strived around the area, and found a big park area with lot´s of deers! I met my big love! :´D Sorry Binny... xD"
This is the most cutest deer I´ve ever seen! He wasn´t shy at all, we could even feed him with some toast and grass! Such a cute little thing!
We decided to call him "Schmogger". :´D

But then...
D:
I got refused. I wanted to give a chu, but Schmogger refused me! My heart is broken... still now. ;__;

We also visited some other great sights on the island! One of them is an old abbey, that has got some special rooms like a biiiig art gallery, some gorgeous fresco, 2 rooms that King Ludwig used as his little residence, and a room where the german code of law was written!
It´s not as beautiful as the castle, but still... so idyllic! And I absolutely LOVED the paintings in the art gallery!

It was getting late and cloudy, but we still had some time left... so we went on a stroll around the island.

Along the coast side, I was able to take this beautiful photo!
I LOVE the lightbeams!
This photo means a lot to me, I´m usually not a good photographer, you know. xD"


So that was our trip to the island, we stayed for about 9 hours in the end! It was really lovely, and I´ll go back there soon! There´s going to be a lolita meetup at the castle soon, I`m so looking forward to it! =D


Last but not least...
Photo of Binny and me.
Oh well, I`m not really wearing make-up here, nor am I dressed or styled properly. xD"
That photo was taken after working at the hospital, and the rules there are pretty strict, as you know. xD" The thing on my forehead is a tiny scar from when I had varicella as a child - it´s usually not showing that much. XD"
I hope you´re not too shocked, but I like this photo of Honey and me a lot - it´s easy to see how happy I am with this boy. He makes me feel so comfortable every second, and he does treat me like a real princess 24/7. I`m such a lucky girl! :´D


Does somebody share my love for castles, or did you ever visit a castle in Germany? =3


It´s such a sweet, sweet life, isn´t it?

1 comment:

  1. Ohh.. U look so natural and... normally, but still pretty :)

    ReplyDelete